Muffins for an afternoon siesta.
Yea baking is the new thing for me! I thought long and hard for this one. I couldn’t put up any Indian snacks as we get them ready made and there are always some ingredients unavailable to make them from scratch.
So here’s the recipe for these muffins.
Ingredients for 12 muffins:
Caster sugar 175 gm
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Self raising flour 200gm
Desiccated coconut 2tbsp
Unsalted butter 175gm
Beaten eggs 3
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Line a 12 cup deep muffin tun pan with paper cases.
2. Sift the sugar, baking powder, flour and coconut in a bowl.
3. Add the butter, eggs and milk and beat until smooth and creamy. (Add more milk if required until you get a smooth batter).
4. Divide the batter evenly among the paper cases.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until risen, golden and firm to touch. Leave in the tin for a couple of minutes then turn out to cool.
Posted as part of May Photo a Day Challenge.