Well, this is a first. I cooked mutton liver this weekend. It turned out well. Good actually. Since the husband gobbled it up pretty soon. No, he doesn’t have a gluttonous apetite otherwise.
I never thought I would do this ever. I don’t mean cooking. I mean putting down the recipe on my blog. There are hundreds of recipes on the net and you may find similar ones to what I write and I don’t even know why I am putting it up here but a friend may very well say that since I didn’t have anything else to write, I did this.
So here goes:
Ingredients for Preparing Mutton Liver Fry:
- 200 g – liver
- 1 tsp – dhania seeds
- 1/2 inch piece – cinnamon
- 4 – cloves
- 8 to 10 medium sized garlic pieces
- 1/2 inch – ginger
- 4 black pepper seeds
- 1/2 tsp curd
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 – 1/2 tsp chilli powde
- 2 medium sized onions
- Cut liver into pieces.
- Wash & drain.
- Grind to a fine paste dhania, cinnamon, cloves, garlic, ginger and pepper.
- Apply turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt to the liver. Add curd and spices paste. Mix properly.
- Marinate liver into the mixture for 1/2 an hour.
- Heat pan and add oil.
- Add chopped onion and saute.
- Add marinated liver. Add water as required.
- Turn over and stir occasionally until cooked.
Image Courtesy: My hubby
To hell with modesty 🙂 Go ahead try it out and let me know.